You’re probably familiar with the fitness and lifestyle supplement company Shredz. They’ve only been around since 2012, but they’ve mastered social media marketing so successfully, they show up on the Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feeds of almost everyone who’s ever done a Google search about weight loss. This is probably a bit of an exaggeration, but not a huge one. I know once I showed a slight interest in the brand, their ads have popped up on my feeds several times a day since.
Shredz has separate product lines for women and men, which may be another stroke of marketing genius. Catering to a smaller niche makes potential customers feel more personally taken care of, and providing products for several small niches ensures they can reach a broad audience even while focusing on smaller ones.
Take their detox supplements. They have one for women and one for men. The one we’re checking out today is the Shredz Detox for Women product.
What is Shredz Detox for Women?
As part of their women’s weight management line, Shredz Detox for Women claims to give your body the daily nutritional and digestive support it needs while you take steps toward getting and staying in shape.
Why Should I Detox?
In our daily lives, toxins and impurities are impossible to avoid completely. These days, with all the processed convenience foods we eat, as well as the antiobiotics, pesiticides and nutrient-deprived soil used in even our fresh food supply, it’s worse than ever. Working out can also leave behind toxins that don’t contribute to your overall health. Your body is constantly detoxifying itself naturally, but at some point, we all could use a little help.
That’s where cleansing, fasting, and supplements like Shredz Detox for Women come in. By giving your digestive system the rest and support it needs, you’ll have a better chance of actually completing the process, putting your body in its best position to lose weight while feeling nourished and energized.
How Shredz Detox for Women Works
By providing a specific set of vitamins and nutrients, Shredz Detox for Women supports your body’s natural detoxification process, improving health and metabolism, putting you in the best position to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals. It is also thought to help you regain lost energy and vitality, making you feel better and younger overall.
Shredz Detox for Women Ingredients
Because good health starts with good basic nutrition, the formula starts out as a multivitamin by providing:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B6
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin B12
- Pantothenic Acid
That list includes several of the B Complex vitamins, which are essential for facilitating most of the chemical reaction that make up your digestive system. They also provide a clean, all day, energy that doesn’t lead to a crash a few hours after to take it.
Additional ingredients relating to the actual detoxification function of the supplement include:
- Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6)which is gaining popularity as an anti-cancer supplement. It can be found in many grains and nuts, and contributes to the protection and growth of healthy cells.
- Psyllium Husk Powder which is a natural laxative used commonly during a cleanse, especially colon cleanses.
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine which increases the body’s production of glutathione – a powerful antioxidant as well as a provider of cellular energy, ATP.
- African Mango Seed(Irvingia Gabonensis) which is becoming increasingly common in weight loss supplements now that’s it’s being touted as a fat burner. There is some preliminary research indicating that the fiber content may help lower cholesterol.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid which acts as an antioxidant, reducing the prevalence of free radicals and improving blood flow.
- Lemon Bioflavonoids which may lower fat and cholesterol levels, while improving both heart and brain function.
- Lycopene which is the pigment that makes tomatoes red and watermelon pink. It acts as an antioxidant and may even fight against cancer. By protecting the liver, lycopene helps the body perform its natural detoxification function.
- Grape Seed Extract which is a commonly used antioxidant and anti-inflammation ingredient.
- Cranberry which is a natural diuretic, acting to flush your system as you proceed with your detox. The flushing process with added cranberry is thought to be quicker than if you’re just using water alone to flush.
- Lychee which is gaining popularity as a “superfood” that may help prevent the growth of cancer cells, that acts as an antioxidant to improve blood flow throughout the body, provides many essential vitamins and minerals, strengthens the immun system, and even acts as a diuretic.
- Raspberry Ketones which is commonly used for weight loss for its fat burning potential.
- Lutein which is an antioxidant found in leafy green vegetables which is most commonly known as the antioxidant that improves eye sight.
- Olive Leaf Extract which fights against parasitic micro-organisms, making it a valuable addition to a detox program.
- Echinacea which supports your detoxification program both during and after a cleanse. It helps stimulate the immune response, especially in situations where it may have been suppressed. It can also elevate the ability to release toxins.
- Zeaxanthin which is known to be beneficial to eye health, especially in the case of age-related decline.
We usually like to talk about ingredient amounts, but in most cases, these detox ingredients haven’t really been studied enough to pinpoint optimal doses for each component.
Shredz Detox for Women Recommended Dose
Like its name would suggest, Shredz Detox for Women should only really be taken while you’re detoxing and/or dieting. The label recommends that you don’t take it for more than 8 weeks at a time.
The recommended dose is 1 capsules taken twice per day, once in the morning and once about 4 to 6 hours later.
Shredz Detox for Women Side Effects and Warnings
If you’re taking Shredz Detox for Women while engaging in a cleanse, chances are you’ll feel some negative side effects like headaches, skin breakouts, fatigue, and nausea. But it’s important to note that these are due to the detoxification process, not the supplement itself. In fact, Shredz Detox for Women helps curb some of these symptoms by providing your body with the support it needs to make the cleanse go more smoothly.
That said, there are some warnings listed on the label that should be noted. Some are seen with almost all supplements. But some of the additional warnings include:
- Do not use for more than 8 weeks.
- Consult your doctor if you’re using MAOI inhibitors, anti-depressants, aspirin, NSAIDs, pseudoephedrine, or other stimulants.
- Consult your doctor if you have any medical conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, recurrent headaches, or glaucoma.
These are not exactly red flag warnings, but they are a little more comprehensive than the warnings on most supplement labels.
Where Can I Get It?
Shredz Detox for Women is pretty easy to come by. You can get it at the Shredz website, and if you follow the company on Twitter or Instagram, you’ve probably received some of their promo code in your feed or direct messages. It’s also sold on Amazon.com.
At Shredz website, a one month supply of 60 capsules costs $40. They also promote stacks, a couple of which include Shredz Detox for Women. We’ll talk a little more about those in just a bit.
Shredz has a very restrictive return policy. You can only return unopened bottles in their original packaging, there are several strict rules about how soon you have to call and how soon after that you have to return the product. And even if you do comply with all of that, they still charge you a $10 restocking fee.
At Amazon.com, the 60-count Shredz Detox for Women bottle sells for $40 as well.
Should I Stack It?
Shredz is big on using their products as stacks. In fact, Shredz Detox for Women is part of a few different stack options:
Sexy and Lean Stack which contains Detox and Shredz Burner for Women.
Alpha Stack, which includes Detox as well as Burner and Shredz Toner for Women.
30-Day Quick Weight Loss Stack and the Mega Weight Loss Stack as well. These bigger, more comprehensive stacks also usually come with free gifts. We’ll be posting reviews for these stacks sometime in the near future.
Shredz Detox for Women Reviews
It’s always good to find customer feedback when we’re trying to decide if a supplement is worth our time and money. With Shredz Detox for Women being sold on Amazon, that’s not a problem. Of the 17 reviews that have posted so far, over 70% are pretty glowing, with 4 and 5 stars. Yet a significant number (17%) were dissatisfied enough to give Shredz Detox for Women only 1 star.
When it comes to the positive Amazon reviews, the comments are fairly standard, claiming, “It works!”, “Gives me energy!” and the like. When I checked the Shredz website, the positive reviews were much more descriptive:
The negative reviews on the other hand, are far more descriptive, which is commonly the case with reviews. If you wasted money on something that disappoints you, you’re much more likely to have strong emotions on the subject.
Here’s a perfect example:
Shredz Detox for Women Strengths
- It’s got a comprehensive detox formula.
- It starts with a multivitamin base.
- There are lots of favorable customer reviews.
- You can use it alone or as part of a Shredz stack.
Shredz Detox for Women Weaknesses
- The return policy is so restrictive it’s not worth bothering with. In my opinion, this is a mistake on the part of the company. They are creating and growing the #ShredzArmy movement, but this return policy is a customer service nightmare.
- There are negative reviews about the product.
Shredz Detox for Women – Buy It or No?
If you’re just starting off on your weight loss journey, and you’ve decided to go with Shredz as your supplement line, I recommend you add Shredz Detox for Women to your daily supplement routine. It will keep your vitamin and mineral intake up and hopefully add some detoxification benefits as well.